Invest To Elect Illinois achieves this by
- Planning and hosting events in support of US Senate and House candidates and selected organizations to help elect Democratic candidates.
- Providing a community of like-minded women and a launchpad for members’ civic engagement.
How it Works
- We organize and host private events for our members and their guests. Events are generally on weekdays and at lunchtime. This year we plan to host events in person, using protocols to help keep everyone safe while the world is still dealing with COVID-19. If and when necessary, we will shift to doing events virtually via Zoom. ITE also hosts throughout the year numerous educational events (via Zoom) that are a benefit of membership and are free of charge.
- Members invest directly in candidates and organizations through online payment links or by checks that go directly to the recipients, and not through ITE. Events cost $1,000 minimum to attend, with a few exceptions. Guests can attend for $500.
- Invest to Elect is a 501(c)(4) organization. Each member supports our operations through annual member dues of $150. (These fees are not tax-deductible). We accept dues through our bank account to pay for operational costs, like key portal subscriptions, the Cook Political Report, insurance, professional fees, and other associated costs to run Invest to Elect.
By participating in ITE, you magnify and amplify your political investments. For example, you alone may invest $1,000 in a candidate and still not have access to them. As a member of ITE, your $1,000 gets multiplied – we generally raise more than $50,000 per event – and you meet with the candidate or organization in a small group setting, having the opportunity to directly ask them questions.